Welcome to the Trader-X blog!

> TRADEthemove.com - my thoughts
> meditationSHIFT (formerly "tad")- just say "om"

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

BCRX - 113005; 15-minute chart




I have a function to attend, but wanted to post a chart before I left. This one is a candidate for "trade of the week".

1.) What did I see?
A gap up and somewhat strong first bar. The second bar is a narrow range, inside bar and closes above the 50% mark of the wider-range first bar. In the past, I have discussed a pattern with multiple upper tails/wicks - as BCRX has in the first two candles. This can be a bearish sign, but if price instead rallies and takes out the high there is a good probability of a rally.
2.) What is the entry?
A break of the second bar high.
3.) What is the exit?
1/2 closed after $1 gain. The other 1/2 was closed at the Fibonacci extension of the previous day's low to the opening range high. I left some money on the table as BCRX continued to rally, but you never go broke taking a profit!

Notes - the total move in this trade was just under 8%. Not bad for two hours work!

No comments: