Welcome to the Trader-X blog!

> TRADEthemove.com - my thoughts
> meditationSHIFT (formerly "tad")- just say "om"

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

SKM - 080106; 15-minute chart




1.) What did I see?
A gap down and attempt to rally with the first and second bars. The second bar leaves a long upper tail, and the third bar resumes the decline. Price continues to fall, and the seventh bar prints a "hanging-man" candle that closes below the opening range (OR) low.
2.) What is the entry?
A break of the seventh bar low.
3.) What is the exit?
The position was closed at the Fibonacci extension of the previous day's high to the opening range low.

Set-up grade = B+

__________
Tags:
, , , ,

3 comments:

Trader-X said...

glenn - I actually "flip" through all my charts rather than have a screen filled with charts; it just works better for me. The first three hours a day are just me flipping through charts...it will give you a headache if you watch me!

Regarding plotting the Fibonacci lines - it depends on if I have time. It is probably a combination of both. But, I have been looking at Fibonacci lines so long I can "mentally" see them, so many times I wait to see a set-up form before actually putting them in; again, it kind of depends on how hectic the morning is...

John Wheatcroft said...

Quick question - how do you choose candidates when you have more setups than you can handle? I'm playing a couple (PWR and MDRX) this morning that are running nice right now but I think it was just blind luck that I picked those two and not two others.

(Maybe not a quick answer but any answer will be better than none - and thanks in advance).

BTW - I too "flip" through charts - I've found that any other method just confuses me.

Anonymous said...

I think that is where the grading system comes in, and only taking the best setups.