Welcome to the Trader-X blog!

> TRADEthemove.com - my thoughts
> meditationSHIFT (formerly "tad")- just say "om"

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Thanks for the memories...




"The scoreboard said I lost today," Agassi told the crowd. "But what the scoreboard doesn't say is what it is I have found. Over the last 21 years, I have found loyalty. You have pulled for me on the court and also in life. I found inspiration. You have willed me to succeed, sometimes even in my lowest moments. And I've found generosity. You have given me your shoulders to stand on to reach for my dreams, dreams I could never have reached without you. Over the last 21 years, I have found you, and I will take you and the memory of you with me for the rest of my life."

Agassi is finally done, playing with a lot of heart but in the end he could not overcome his failing body.

What a career. It is not often in today's sports world that a champion is also a role model and an all around great guy; but all of that defines Agassi. Hopefully he will remain involved in tennis, because it will be boring without him.

"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
- Arthur Ashe

__________
tags:
,

No comments: