Welcome to the Trader-X blog!

> TRADEthemove.com - my thoughts
> meditationSHIFT (formerly "tad")- just say "om"

Monday, April 09, 2012

Facebook buys Instagram

Oh sweet irony - Kodak files for bankruptcy in January, and Instagram is bought for a billion dollars in April. I know their businesses aren't the same, but it is still an interesting statement on old world vs. new world (I'm pretty sure Instagram isn't even two years old).

I can see a bunch of Kodak Executives sitting around the boardroom, perplexed, asking each other "So they built this app for the iPhone, and just sold the company for a billion dollars?"

Facebook buying Instagram for $1 billion in cash and stock

_______________

4 comments:

Terry said...

That is amazing.

David said...

I hope Facebook doesn't mess it up. I love Instagram!

bl said...

All is "right " with capitalism. A friend put all his money in EK and F 3 years ago. I think he's break even. Monday: $2-10 WL bot SCLN 6th/30 min hammer sol at 2nd/30 bar resistance for .06. Not the best chart but was very patient looking at the 5 10 15 30 time periods for set ups. Down day harder to find low price set ups that move up. DANG VRNG reversed big.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, I hope they don't screw up Instagram.

DL