Welcome to the Trader-X blog!

> TRADEthemove.com - my thoughts
> meditationSHIFT (formerly "tad")- just say "om"

Thursday, January 26, 2006

JNPR - 012606; 15-minute chart




1.) What did I see?
A gap down and wide-range first bar. The second bar breaks below the opening range (OR) low set by the first bar, and the third bar is a narrow range (NR3), inside bar.
2.) What is the entry?
A break of the third bar low.
3.) What is the exit?
The target was the Fibonacci extension of the previous day's high to the opening range low; it was not hit, but JNPR drifted lower all afternoon and finished at it's low. The position was closed at the end of the session for ~5% gain.

I mentioned BC earlier today - it was very similar to JNPR. I also mentioned ALL - at the time I was waiting to see how it played out, and it eventually hit the Fibonacci extension. Look at these two charts and answer the three questions on your own.

No comments: