Welcome to the Trader-X blog!

> TRADEthemove.com - my thoughts
> meditationSHIFT (formerly "tad")- just say "om"

Sunday, February 06, 2005

More about Trader-X

Most of this has not been updated in the past 12 months - I will try to make updates in 2009.

Please note, there are several other sites and blogs using the name Trader-X. I am not associated with any of them. I do not sell anything (no books, no "stock picking" services, no software), and I have no other active blogs.


ABOUT ME:

> Blogger Profile
> Q & A with Trader-X
> My interview on StockTickr blog
> My interview on TraderInterviews.com
> My interview on Victoria's blog
> First Things First
> Beware the Trader-X name on books and products
> My Top 20 movies...
> Trader-X on Technorati

Regarding email, I am usually slow to respond. If you have a trading question you should post it in "Comments" - I will respond faster, and you get the benefit of having other people respond too (usually). If you still wish to email me, the suffix is gmail (dot com), and the prefix is trader-x blog (remove the dash, no spaces).


RECOMMENDED READING (non-trading):

Motivational:
> The T.A.D. Principle - it could change your life
> Biscuits, Fleas, and Pump Handles (Zig Ziglar, audio)

Both of these books are by Ben Mezrich, and are very entertaining - especially to traders and "wanna-be" traders! I suggest you start with "Bringing Down The House", which is nothing short of a classic. And then read "Busting Vegas", which is also a great book.
> Bringing Down the House
> Busting Vegas

And, if you have not read "The Da Vinci Code", check it out before you see the movie. You might start with the first book that introduces the main character - "Angels & Demons".
> Angels & Demons
> The Da Vinci Code

My favorite Grisham:
> A Time to Kill
> King of Torts
> The Broker

Interested in learning more about Buddhism?
> Awakening the Buddha Within : Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World
> Awakening to the Sacred: Creating a Personal Spiritual Life

see "Resources" for trading recommended reading...


MOST PLAYED ON MY IPOD:

> Counting Crows - Across A Wire: Live In NYC
> Oasis - Familiar To Millions
> Jay-Z - The Black Album
> Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
> Weezer - Green Album
> Stereophonics

> Dixie Chicks - I am not a country music fan, but I support the Dixie Chicks


ON MY TIVO:

> Entourage - the best 30-minutes on TV!
> Festivus
> 24
> The Sopranos
> How I Met Your Mother - hilarious
> Weeds
> The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
> The Simpsons
> South Park
> 4 8 15 16 23 42- watch it from the beginning
> The Shield- the best cop show on television
> It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - possibly the funniest show on TV
> Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle - watch it again and again
> Brotherhood - if you like The Sopranos, you will love this!
> Boston Legal


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you liked The Da Vinci Code, I wonder if you can figure this out...TAD RED UNITE

Anonymous said...

I don't see "Trailer Park Boys" on your TIVO list. If you haven't already seen it, make sure and check it out. From looking at your other favorite shows, I think it would be right up your alley.

Strickman-Ripps said...

SEEKING TRADERS IN NY FOR TV COMMERCIAL
I know it’s a LONG shot, but perhaps you know someone who fits the bill!

My name is Nadette Stasa and I work with Strickman-Ripps Casting in NYC. We are looking for stock trader for a TV commericial. It’s a great opportunity for the right person. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who you think would be interested and/or post to any appropriate blog or message board.

They must be an independent stock trader NOT currently affiliated with a particular firm. The commercial will be showing a group of traders gathered to discuss trading strategies. We are looking for men and women of all ethnicities between the ages of 30-45.

The auditions/interviews for the commercial will be Tuesday Jan. 6 or Wednesday Jan. 7 in New York City.

The commercial will shoot in the NY area the week of Jan. 19 (most likey one, possibly two days).

Payment: approximately $500 for each shoot day with the possibility of residuals

Any interested parties can email their professional resume and a photo ASAP to strickmanrippscasting@gmail.com.

If you have any questions, suggestions or recommendations you can email me or call.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this email and helping us in any way.

Many thanks,

Nadette Stasa
Strickman-Ripps Casting
212-966-3211

forex said...

Thanks

Learn Forex said...

I was amazed! While I was reading your blog, I was thinking how it's possible? How can make a blog so interesting, and informative. You are a very skilled blogger. Carry on your blogging.